Women's Sports Editor
Women’s Sports Alliance
Cube International is a young and dynamic group of integrated companies bringing unique, forward-thinking and game-changing concepts to the sports, event, retail, ecommerce, licensing and modular building industries.
The Cube group, a team of professionals with global industry-leading experience, works with some of the world’s most iconic sports brands, events and properties and is widely respected for delivering outstanding solutions, experiences and results.
At Cube, we are fully committed to empowering a team which strives to exceed partner expectations through teamwork, experience, creativity and a positive can-do mentality. We would therefore like to hear from candidates who engage well with others, have exceptional communication skills and thrive in a role where they can materially influence the performance of the business.
About the Women’s Sports Alliance
Part of the Cube International group, the WSA is a story telling community platform designed to celebrate women’s sport and inspire the next generation of talent in women’s sport.
Joining the WSA, you will:
- Become part of the fastest growing women’s sports community platform in the world
- Spearhead the WSA’s written content creation and delivery
- Work in a fast-paced environment with opportunities to speak with female sport professionals
JOB TITLE: Women’s Sports Editor
REPORTING TO: WSA MD & Cube’s Creative Team
LOCATION: Remote, with option to travel to Cube’s offices regularly
TERMS: Full time role
We are looking for a creative and motivated Women’s Sports Editor to lead a new WSA news and story content platform. You will need to have excellent knowledge of women’s sport and an understanding of what audiences are looking for in digital and social media women’s sports coverage. You must have a passion for original and creative journalism. The challenge of the role is to develop a truly inspirational content platform within the world of women’s sport. The role will work closely with the Founder of the Women’s Sports Alliance.
- Co-ordinate, plan, guide and inspire all women’s sports related written coverage
- Editorially lead the launch of new WSA content platform
- Produce original journalism and distinctive, innovative content
- Work with WSA production teams to develop inspirational visual pieces to partner with the written content
- Develop a lively and engaged social media approach to women’s sports coverage
- Ensure that every female athlete has an opportunity to tell her inspirational story in a safe space to a large audience
- Share new ideas, material, information and contacts with WSA teams
- Actively pursue effective relationships with key sporting personalities
- Recruit, deploy, lead, manage, train and develop student and volunteer contributors
- Work with the rest of the management team to build an open, collaborative and creative culture
- Manage commissioning and editorial budgets effectively
- Passionate about women’s sport
- Has a professional writing style
- Aims to be a well respected and trusted journalist that supports individuals in women’s sport
- Has strong knowledge of the women’s sports industry
- Can put interview subjects at ease with professionalism
- Is highly creative and keeps high standards
- Strives for diversity of content, in terms of gender, ethnicity, location, disability and age
- Has knowledge and practical experience of weekly and/or daily journalism
- Appreciates, respects and demonstrates the WSA’s values
- Shows resilience, determination, ambition, energy and enthusiasm
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send their CV, together with a covering letter and portfolio of work to email@example.com
Application deadline: 29th July 2021 at 19:00 BST
Interviews: 30th July 2021
Start date: 9th August 2021
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious candidate looking for a new challenge in a dynamic sports environment