JOB TITLE: Credit/Accounts Controller
REPORTING TO: Finance Manager
LOCATION: Cube HQ in Worcester (20% work from home)
HOURS: 40 hours per week
Cube International is a dynamic group of integrated companies bringing unique, forward-thinking, and game-changing concepts to the sports, event, retail, ecommerce and modular building industries.
The Cube group, a team of professionals with global industry-leading experience, works with some of the world’s most iconic sports brands and events, including the Aston Martin Cognizant F1 team, Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games and Rugby League World Cup 2021, and is widely respected for delivering outstanding solutions, experiences, and results.
At Cube, we are fully committed to empowering a team which strives to exceed partner expectations through teamwork, experience, creativity and a positive can-do mentality, and our philosophy, to ‘reimagine, empower and activate’, is instilled within the whole of the group.
We would therefore like to hear from candidates who engage well with others, have exceptional communication skills, are creative and ambitious, and will thrive in a role where they can make a real difference to the performance of the business. Due to exceptional growth, we are looking to recruit a Credit Controller to join our expanding business. With outstanding communication skills, you will work within our Finance team, and liaise with our four main companies.
- Take responsibility for the Accounts Receivable (AR) and Accounts Payable (AP) ledgers for all companies, ensuring the integrity and accuracy of both
- Reporting regularly with the Finance Manager on AR and AP position, with recommended future actions, ensuring that all transactions are recorded timely and correctly in Xero
- Proactively develop business relationships with suppliers and customers to ensure queries are resolved before deadlines, to avoid payment delays
- Ensuring that all overdue sales invoices are dealt with effectively and appropriately
- Liaising with other internal staff on debt chasing in the course of their duties
- To ensure that all credit control calls, and standard letters are initiated in line with procedures and that all systems are updated accordingly
- To ensure that all income due is recovered within strict timescales. If necessary, set up a payment recovery plan and ensure that clients adhere to agreed plans
- Run aged debtors reports regularly, and use them to prepare phone calls, letters, and court action in consultation with the Finance Manager
- To be responsible for putting customers on, and taking customers off, hold and communicating to relevant staff
- To deal with sales ledger queries, following up information and resolving any customer issues.
Sales & Purchase Ledger
- Working closely with other staff members to ensure that all Orders and Invoices requested are raised and sent in a timely manner, quoting purchase/sales order numbers
- Assist with requests for purchase orders and sales invoices, checking details for accuracy
- Check invoices to purchase order
- Assist with reconciling items on Xero from the bank account feed and perform weekly bank account reconciliations
- Liaise with other departments to ensure the correct information is available to allocate invoices and expenses on Xero.
Undertake other reasonable duties, commensurate with the post and as directed by Finance Manager from time to time
Ensure compliance with UK GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018 by complying with internal information governance policies and maintaining up to date documentation as part of compliance programme
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of areas of activity and responsibility and will be amended in the light of the changing needs of the organisation.
- Essential – A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Well organised and self sufficient
- Numerate, methodical and accurate
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Confident and competent with IT systems
- Comprehensive experience of Windows Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Experience of using Xero Accounting Software
- Excellent team player
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send their CV, together with a covering letter, to email@example.com
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.