Buying & Merchandising Director
JOB TITLE: Buying & Merchandising Director
REPORTING TO: Trading Director
Due to Cube Partnership’s rapid growth, an opportunity has arisen to head up our Buying, Merchandising, Licensing & Wholesale team. The successful candidate will have total responsibility for leading on Product, Licensing and Wholesale across our growing portfolio of licensed sports businesses.
As Cube Partnership is an omni-channel business, this individual will be required to work across e-commerce, retail, events, wholesale and licensing.
As part of a young, fast-growing business, this is an incredibly exciting opportunity to build a project from the ground up, allowing this individual to make their mark on the business. The successful candidate will be expected to establish ways-of-working, relationships, processes and best-practices.
Cube International is a young and dynamic group of integrated companies bringing unique, forward-thinking and game-changing concepts to the sports event, sports retail and modular building industries.
The Cube group, a team of professionals with global industry-leading experience, works with some of the world’s most iconic sports brands and events and is widely respected for delivering outstanding solutions, experiences and results.
At Cube, we are fully committed to empowering a team which strives to exceed partner expectations through teamwork, experience, creativity and a positive can-do mentality. We would therefore like to hear from candidates who engage well with others, have exceptional communication skills and thrive in a role where they can materially influence the performance of the business.
About Cube Partnership
Part of the Cube International group, Cube Partnership is an expert sports retail, ecommerce, licensing and merchandise business. The company works with sports organisations, rights holders, teams and events to create exceptional retail, licensing & merchandise experiences for spectators and fans across the globe.
Cube Partnership is inclusive, collaborative and, working in partnership with clients, fully immerses itself into their culture, ensuring that their objectives are at the heart of everything they do.
We offer a new way of thinking about sports retail. A fresh approach. A commitment to real partnership and collaboration and to delivering the highest level of return for our partners.
Cube’s hugely experienced team of sports retail and licensing professionals work with some of the leading names in the international sporting world, including Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games, Rugby League World Cup 2021, Aston Martin Formula One Team, Ospreys Rugby and the Solheim Cup 2023.
We are known for our imaginative approach and creativity, our can-do attitude and determination to get the job done well, and create exceptional retail experiences for our customers’ stakeholders and fans.
- Work with our Business Directors and Product Development team to create product assortments for each of our D2C partner businesses.
- Work with our Product Development team and sourcing partners on design and development of apparel and hard good products.
- Liaising with account managers, partners and suppliers on product approvals.
- Work with our Business Directors and Product Development team to create product assortments for wholesale to 3rd
- Work with Business Directors and Product Development team to create dual-branded products for partners and sponsors.
- Manage Go-To-Market strategy for wholesale, sponsor premiums and oversee sales process.
- Maximise product margin, minimise inventory risk.
- Responsible for delivering licensing strategy.
- Identify and procure licensees, maintaining responsibility for licensing income.
- Licensing agreements.
- Licensing and sales workshops.
- Put the relevant processes and administration in place across product, wholesale and licensing.
- Where required, recruit and manage team members.
- 5+ years’ experience in buying & merchandising, licensing, product development and/or wholesale, within the sports industry.
- Ideally, experience of working across retail, e-commerce, events and wholesale.
- A self-starter prepared to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work in a young company, building structures and processes through rapid growth.
- Flexible approach to responsibilities and workload. Willing to collaborate with other teams to get the job done.
- A great team-player with a can-do, positive attitude.
- Ability to think strategically but also has the ability to roll their sleeves up and ‘get their hands dirty’.
- Flexible working schedule but weekends and overnights will be required at times.
- Prepared to spend time on-the-road at key event times.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send their CV, together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.