BUT THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Cube International is a young and dynamic group of integrated companies bringing unique, forward-thinking and game-changing concepts to the sports event, sports retail and modular building industries.
The Cube group, a team of professionals with global industry-leading experience, works with some of the world’s most iconic sports brands and events and is widely respected for delivering outstanding solutions, experiences and results.
At Cube, we are fully committed to empowering a team which strives to exceed partner expectations through teamwork, experience, creativity and a positive can-do mentality. We would therefore like to hear from candidates who engage well with others, have exceptional communication skills and thrive in a role where they can materially influence the performance of the business.
About Cube Partnership
Part of the Cube International group, Cube Partnership is an expert sports retail, ecommerce, licensing and merchandise business. The company works with sports organisations, rights holders, teams and events to create exceptional retail, licensing & merchandise experiences for spectators and fans across the globe.
Cube Partnership is inclusive, collaborative and, working in partnership with clients, fully immerses itself into their culture, ensuring that their objectives are at the heart of everything they do.
We offer a new way of thinking about sports retail. A fresh approach. A commitment to real partnership and collaboration and to delivering the highest level of return for our partners. Cube’s hugely experienced team of sports retail and licensing professionals work with some of the leading names in the international sporting world, including Aston Martin F1, Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games, Solheim Cup 2023, a PRO14 Rugby Club and Rugby League World Cup 2021.
We are known for our imaginative approach and creativity, our can-do attitude and determination to get the job done well, and for creating exceptional retail experiences for our customers’ stakeholders and fans.
Job Title: Business Director
Reporting to: Trading Director
Location: Cube Partnership’s Stockport office (some flexibility on travel required)
Due to Cube Partnership’s rapid growth, an opportunity has arisen for a Business Director to join our team. The successful candidate will have responsibility for leading several accounts and/or one key account. You will own the P&L for these accounts and will lead the different functions of the organisation to deliver the business plan.
Joining Cube Partnership, an omni-channel business, you will be working across all areas of e-commerce, retail, events, wholesale and licensing, and become part of a young, fast-growing organisation.
- Own the P&L and strategic direction of the account.
- Key Contact for the Partner – responsible for coordinating all key stakeholders.
- A deep understanding of the relevant contracts, ensuring that Cube and the partner are fulfilling all obligations and exploiting all opportunities.
- Partner reporting and administration. Where necessary, ensure that relevant data is tracked in-line with the contract e.g. costs, marketing spend.
- Responsible for creating and executing marketing calendar – e-commerce – hand in hand with digital team.
- Ensure maximum support from the partner in delivering the marketing calendar
Product & Licensing
- Work with our product team to create product assortment.
- Liaising with partners and suppliers on product approvals.
- Maximise product margin, minimise inventory risk.
- Work with our licensing team to deliver the licensing strategy.
Wholesale/ Corporate Premiums
- Work with our merchandisers and sourcing partners to create product assortments for wholesale to 3rd parties.
- Work with partners to create dual-branded products for partners and sponsors.
- Manage Go-To-Market strategy for wholesale, sponsor premiums and oversee sales process.
- Manage the sales process for partners and sponsors.
- Liaise with creative team to create sales catalogues for wholesale and partners/sponsors.
- 5+ years’ experience in licensing, marketing, e-commerce or retail within the sports industry
- A self-starter, prepared to work on own initiative
- Ability to work within a young company, building structures and processes through rapid growth
- Flexible approach to responsibilities and workload – willing to collaborate with other teams to get the job done
- A great team-player with a positive can-do attitude
- Ability to think strategically but also able to roll sleeves up and ‘get their hands dirty’
- Flexible working schedule, with periodic weekend work and overnight stays
- Prepared to spend time on-the-road at key event times
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their CV, together with a covering letter to email@example.com
As an Equal Opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.